Sunday, February 20, 2011

Zaphire Oktalogue


Zaphire Oktalogue released their self titled debut in 2008.  This is a very interesting album, and I have been throwing in my mix for the past few months.  Good bluesy weirdness that is wild to listen to.  I had a rough time trying to get information regarding these guys, but I did find out that they are now playing under the name Okta Logue.  They have a new album called Ballad of a Burden, which I could find no where.  I may be ordering that one soon and I can comment on it then.

For now, All That Is Heavy had a good write up with the cd.  "Zaphire Oktalogue, 3 friends, between 15 and 20, mix up their different tastes and abilities to make their own incisive kind of progressive music. Playing for nearly a year, their music combines energetic Blues-Rock with pieces of overflowing Post Rock , drifty and danceable parts with huge atmospheric influences, crosses Weird Folk elements with a psychedelical 60s flair and has always an intensive sense for melodies and a dash of pop. On their debut album, they present their individual sound, created by Philip Meloi´s hypnotical avant guitar play, the high voltage drum rhythms by Robert Herz and the sensitive melodic lines by bass and singer Benno Herz. In only one year they have found their very own sound."

0 comments:

Post a Comment