Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Different Kind of Truth


Van Halen - Tattoo from Van Halen on Vimeo.

So, back in the day I was the biggest Van Halen fan.  I mean crazy.  I loved both eras of Van Halen, and then in college, when "III" came out with Gary Cherone, I really started drifting.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love Cherone's voice, and I really dug Extreme at times, but I thought the Van Halen shit was weak.  Not just vocally, but the album just never really came together for me.  And, it wasn't from a lack of trying.

Now, with David Lee Roth back as the frontman, and Wolfgang "Wolfie" Van Halen on bass (I don't know the story with Michael Anthony, but rumors suggest he was ousted to provide a spot for little Wolfie) the band is back with a new album dropping February 7th.  I'm excited.  If for no other reason than my guitar hero will be putting out some new music. 

So, in the mean time, check out the new single "Tattoo".  I will keep my opinions about it to myself for now, but I'd love to hear some feedback from any Van Halen or Van Hagar fans, and see what you think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment