Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Old Van Halen!


While I was on my Van Halen kick, I ran across this new gem, just released last year (or possibly 2010).  I think this is from the Diver Down tour.  It's a fairly rough live recording, but better than some bootlegs I've heard.  Especially good for the time 1983 or 1984 or so if it's the Diver Down tour. 

The quality is okay.  It definitely captures the energy of an early-eighties Van Halen show.  Dave forgets some lyrics and the band gets a little loose at times, but overall I really dig it.  Don't expect a polished, live recording or performance, but do expect rockin' Van Halen tunes and a hell of a good listen.  Hell, I'm listening to it for the second time as I post this.

Track listing:

Romeo Delight
Unchained/Drum Solo
The Full Bug
Runnin' with the Devil
Jamie's Cryin'
So This is Love
Little Guitars
Dancing in the Street
Somebody Get Me a Doctor/Girl Gone Bad/I'm So Glad
Dance the Night Away
Secrets
Everybody Wants Some
Ice Cream Man
Pretty Woman
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment